David Smith is a Project Manager at FaverGray and has been with the company for 6 years. He recently completed the Parkside at East Village Project, our 282-unit luxury apartment community located on approximately 20 acres in Lady Lake, Florida.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you become interested in construction.
I began working on job sites with my father’s business as a teenager and got to know the General Contractors staff well and learned how they operated early on with Construction Management. Upon learning their roles in construction I was sold in this career field and proceeded with my education in Construction Management.
2. How long have you worked at FaverGray and what does your job entail?
My role involves managing the entire construction process from start to finish. Estimating the projects, aiding in the negotiation of the Owner Contract, Design and Construction Coordination, Scheduling of Contractors, Managing and Executing Subcontracts, Project Financial Management and Planning, Ensuring the Field Team has the support necessary to be successful and Managing the Owners Relationship throughout the project. I have been with FaverGray for 6 years.
3. Tell us about your favorite project with FaverGray.
My First Project happens to be my Favorite Project thus far, which was IQ Student Housing in Tampa, FL.
4. What advice would you give to someone interested in a career in construction?
Research the industry and get an internship to see first hand how this industry operates.
5. What is the best career lesson that you have learned so far?
Work hard and do the right thing, it will always be recognized and reward itself.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?